Disaster Recovery Service
Disaster Recovery Service:
- Disaster recovery assessment - Evaluates plans, processes, procedures, roles and responsibilities for your disaster recovery program, including backup for servers and recovery analysis.
- Disaster recovery planning and design - Helps plan for disaster recovery, including program management, reporting and service level management.
- Data center recovery - Provides access to recovery centers around the world.
- Network recovery - Provides disaster recovery of client networks.
- Workplace recovery - Provides disaster recovery of client workplace to a fixed location or a virtual workplace.
- Disaster recovery validation and testing - Helps test your disaster recovery plans, assisting you in testing your disaster recovery plans.
- Perform backups regularly. Keep information central, this will help control information backup and help protect information integrity.
- Increase physical security to server room to prevent Data loss.
- Anti virus and Patch update and management.
- Internet facing systems are secured and maximum security is applied.
- Remote access to data servers is controlled and strictly monitored.
- Backups are stored offsite.
- Physical solutions like fire suppression environmental monitoring and access control are implemented.
- Document all changes using proper change control.
- Perform systematic scheduled restores that verify Tape or backup media integrity.
- Ensure the whole process is documented and can be followed by non-technical personnel.
- Disaster Recovery at the Site level - Along with the existing 100 seats there can be 50 other seats in the same facility reserved for the company which cannot be used for any other purpose
- Disaster Recovery at the State Level - Additional reserved seats in the same city or state.
- Disaster Recovery at the National Level - Additional reserved seats in a different state or city.
- Call center disaster recovery can also be based on operations. This includes the maintenance of disaster recovery centers.